Along with promoting an organisation’s work, one of the central pillars of a PR’s role is to protect that organisation’s reputation. Dealing with crises and ensuring that their employer or client emerges through difficult periods with their reputation intact is perhaps the most crucial of the traditional comms functions.
With the advent of up-to-the second news and the rise of social media, the burning spotlight brought upon a company in a crisis has only intensified. PRs now have to advise and make decisions in real-time, which will either afford them breathing room or could cause their organisation or client to sink into the mire.
This white paper will examine the four key steps communicators need to master to ensure they are as ready as they can be for a crisis situation. Inside, you will discover:
- How to quickly identify when a crisis is about to hit
- Making sure that you have confidence in implementing your crisis comms plan
- How to work with your legal team to produce a perfectly pitched response
- What your spokespeople can do to deliver this message in an empathetic way
- Demonstrate how you can use Cision’s software to stay on top of the unfolding maelstrom and ensure you have the data on hand to track how your strategy is playing out.
Enter your details below to download this white paper: